Monday, December 5, 2011

Presenting CARL...and those ornaments I promised


We name our trees. This is the first year we've actually acknowledged that. Every year I ask my husband, "So, what's his name?" and we come up with one but I never remember it. And yes, it's always a he. I have no idea why. This year, it's Carl. And Carl is our most splendid tree yet. Fat, perfect Christmas tree shape, and just the right height. A winner on all fronts.

The Manor has been quiet today. No crafting accomplished. School is taking a lot out of me but I still have plans for some more ornaments. Oh! I snapped a few pictures of the completed magazine ornaments in all their displayed glory. What do you think?


Here is one of the banners I did with the smaller magazine pictures. It was hard to get this shot and it doesn't do it justice BUT I said I'd show you a final picture.




Here are two of the magazine ornaments on the tree (I'm sorry, on Carl). They actually turned out better than I anticipated. I might just have to start a new tradition :D

Finally, here's a shot of the coffee table. We discovered that whenever we choose anything to decorate with, the colors are muted, natural, subdued. This does not a festive holiday home make. We bumped up the color with this ridiculously red candles. I think they look lovely with the greenery. Very Christmasy.



Anyone else doing any Christmas crafting? I've got to get a move on it! I'm hosting a party for a friend this weekend AND I've still got to get some orders in for Christmas gifts. Oh yeah...and those nagging school projects. Two week break, come quickly!

Jen xo

2 comments:

Erin Kuhns said...

You are so awesome! I am so sending this to my (very sweet) ex-husband...CARL. I think he'll get a kick out of the fact that a Christmas tree is his namesake. :) Merry Christmas!!

Kathy said...

Of course I'm Christmas crafting! Would I be me if I were not dabbling in some project? Crochet is the medium of choice this year. That and food, always food. Carl is lovely by the way.