Monday, March 1, 2010

Throw those curtains wide!


Dearest friends, it is so good to be back! It was a much needed break, but I am ready to return to my daily chronicles of life at the manor. Flinging open curtains does let in the sun but it also makes noticeable the cobs and dust bunnies. Would it be easier to keep them in the dark, deceive myself into believing they aren't there? Of course, but what good would come from that in the long run?

I was enlightened during my brief hiatus and it is that enlightenment which I want to share with you. Throughout this week, I'll be sharing glimmers of light and mussing up the order of things. It's good to rock the boat now and then. Keeps people on their toes.

My vision is clearer and I'm more focused in terms of goals. It's been a rough week, honestly, but for the best. I'm ready to get moving towards my goal of opening shop. Yes, it is still scheduled to open 01 July and to that I am holding. Be it a menagerie of glorious goodies or a single twig, I will open my Etsy shop the first of July if, for nothing else, to prove to myself that I can do it! I have been known to put things off indefinitely for fear of what others may think. Part of the weeks enlightenment, that? Yes.

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughtful encouragement while I was away. And welcome to my newest followers! I was happily surprised when I opened up the doors to find new friends in the wings. Always a pleasure.

Happy Monday to you all! It's so good to be back.
Jen

4 comments:

Lizzie said...

So glad to see you back, Jen! yeah!! That photograph is simply beautiful! I am looking forward to Spring. :)

PS Hope you are going to join us for the next Creative Tuesdays. I LOVED your duckie! :)

Anne Marie said...

welcome back - and hope you have a restful week...

Mmm said...

throw those curtains wide--love that...and the photo that went with it. thinking of you dear Jen and hoping you are well.

Mmm said...

"wide open!" that is!!