Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Bit of Fun

Today I wanted to post some pictures I took during my blog break. My husband surprised me with a spontaneous trip to our "home" town of Savannah, Georgia one Saturday and we spent the day enjoying a rare appearance by the sun, sipping lattes on Broughton Street, buying candy on River Street, sticking our toes in the *FREEZING* Atlantic, and spending some time with a very dear friend.

"The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea." ~ Isak Dinesen



"At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour, but mood to moment.
We live by the currents, plan by the tides and follow the sun." ~ Anon
You never know what you're going to see...




My long-tailed, miniature polar bear, Colby (aka: ragdoll)



"I am you, you are ME. You are the waves, I am the ocean. Know this and be free, be divine."
~ Sri Sathya Sai Baba



Random castoffs from Calypso's closet
(I always bring home a treasure chest full!)


Call me crazy, but I think it would be fun to be a tugboat captain.

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Lovely! I agree...there's just something unique about the beach and how it can make you feel!

Kristen Torres-Toro said...

I'm so glad you got to go on this trip, friend! Love you!

Mary said...

Your photos are wonderful. I hope you really enjoyed your break. I love what you are doing here. I'll be back often.

Lin said...

Oh, this looks like a great trip. How nice to be surprised like that!!!