Monday, January 11, 2010

A Review, A Look Ahead, and A Creative Challenge

Dear Mr. Toast's challenge has been up for almost two weeks and I'm just now getting to post my entry. Talk about slow going! But, then again, aren't we trying to cultivate a slower paced lifestyle here at The Manor? Enough excuses. Here it is; my first ever Creative Tuesday challenge: CHEERIOS!

I got the idea while doodling at work. There's plenty of time for that in the bland world of deadlines and ringing complaint calls. I had such fun with this challenge! I can't wait to see what's next. If you're feeling creative (or need a little more art in your life) come on over and check out all the fun!

The first week of 2010 is now past. Funny but I feel as if it's been a month already. I hear how so many are complaining about time flying. It's not flying by for me. In a way, I'm glad. I have far too much to do to have the year go by yet. I've learned a lot about myself and the business in just these few eleven days since the first of a new decade. Good things. Things that will make the process much easier, and much more fun.

I do want to announce that Lord Beard has graciously offered his assistance in this little endeavor. Can I tell you how delighted I am? He's a superb second in command and without his technological know how, I would have never even got this blog off the ground! He's humble accepted title of "Gadget Guru" and will be in charge of the technical aspects of The Manor as well as the hunting and gathering via the Internet. Research assistant extraordinaire! He's got a little cottage in blog-topia as well. You should wander over when you can. Down the hill, past the lamp post, first path to your right. He's doing a little remodeling so watch your step and do be patient. If he's not at home, he will be shortly, and it's worth the wait. Sir Jon is a most gracious host.

As for looking ahead, I've been feverishly typing a collection of business wisdom, ideas and musings that I've collected over the past few years (especially the last) into a compendium of sorts. Once that's completed, it will be printed, bound and placed upon the pedestal that sits in the tower. To be a constant reminder of the commitment I've made to myself and to you, dear friends. This business of bliss isn't as simple as I would like it but the toil shall be worth it.

I look forward to another week of adventures and discoveries, dear friends! Please come by when you are able. The snow has been cleared from the roads and the drive is salted and safe. Dear Benson is back from holiday and will take your coats and hats upon your arrival. He's been with the family for years and is more like a grandfather than a butler.

Have a blessed week, dear friends. The kettle is always on, here, but of course you know that.
Happy Monday, dears!
The Lady

9 comments:

Kristen Torres-Toro said...

Hoorraay--of course there's a Lamp Post! And I'm so glad you have a Gadget Guru to help you. What a grand title!

Mmm said...

Oh gosh, I sooooo sooo love your write up as well as the collage and art contribution. You see that is a clever way to include photography within the guidelines--just as an embellishment which is no more than it should be. Excellent. Very fun creative piece too.

Sorry i haven't posted this earlier, --been dealing with bad back ache today so haven't done much of anything today, sorry to say.


I am glad to know where Benson retired to--is the the same one that used to be on TV? Did love that guy.

OK, you get your extra entry fo rhte icon too so way to go. Keep it up towards the quarterly drawing. So glad you contributed adn am excited to see what else you do as time goes on.

Love this new blog too.

I am putting up your contribution with link now. Thanks again, Jen.

Lizzie said...

Oh Jen, what a lovely new blog! ADORE! ADORE! :)

I also love your artwork. I just joined in this week as well.

Hope you have a great Tuesday. Always thinkin' of ya! Hugs!

Betsy said...

OH, this is so clever! Really nicely done...very cute!

Queenmothermamaw said...

So nice to meet you. I love your contribution. I love to paint but cannot draw well, but might try something different next time. I love this art group. It has been fun. So glad you joined up. Nice blog and I plan to look around later.
QMM

Jen Chandler said...

Hello Mr. Toast! Thank you, thank you for the kind words. You know, I forgot about Benson!!! I'll have to ask him if he did a stint on television. Hmm, I'm always uncovering interesting secrets here at The Manor :)

Lizzie: Thank you for following! I appreciate your kind compliments and glad to see you're joing the creative Tuesday challenge. OI look forward to see your contributions! I'll be over later today :)

Betsy: Welcome! I'm so glad you've decided to follow along. Thanks so much!

QMM: Welcome! Thank you very much for your kind words. I'm looking forward to seeing all the amazing art this wonderful community I've discovered comes up with! Have a fabulous day!

Bachelor said...

What clever creativity! Great idea!...who would have thought that we all came up with idea of all things... cheerios... THE BACH

Rebecca said...

Great idea you had here...quite creative and imaginative!...You know, this piece has an almost patchwork quilt feel to it...Love that!

Jen Chandler said...

Hello, Bach! Glad you dropped by! I still need to wander over to Mr. Toast's to see all the art work there. Thanks for the comment :)

Rebecca: Thank you for stopping by! I can't wait to see what everyone else has done. You know, I never even thought of it as a quilt. I love it!!