Friday, January 8, 2010

Manor Comings and Goings

It snowed. No really. Snow. In Georgia, when a frozen white substance falls from the sky it officially snow. I had to share this picture with you. What's more hilarious than a palm tree in the snow?

Prior to "The Great Dusting of 2010", the Bearded Lord and I made a deliciously slow cooked meal of fresh baked bread...

...and chili. It simmered in the crock pot for close to three hours. Yum....
There's a few projects brewing in the Tower. One requires the once "banned" etchant solution from your friendly neighborhood Radio Shack.



Another, a patchwork of vintage fabric found in my Christmas stocking and some forms cut out from fabric the Bearded Lord's late grandmother left me.


Finally, here's a wonderful old, fully functional Brownie camera my grandmother gave me years ago. I have yet to purchase film for it, but she left an empty box inside so I'd know what to get. I have always loved using film for photographs. Film has an atmosphere that just can not be reproduced digitally (imho).

Do stayed tuned, dear friends! I shall be experimenting with these (and a few other) mediums in the near future. Wares for the Manor shop? Only time will tell!
Stay warm, lovelies!
The Lady

4 comments:

Malisa said...

I'm on my way for the chili...I'll bring the beer! I have a camera just like that...from my childhood, but I haven't tried it yet...maybe we can learn together! Okay, what is etchant solution?

Kristen Torres-Toro said...

Awesome, Lady! That chili looks delicious!!!

Betsy said...

Yum...sounds like you have the perfect weather for chili! I'm laughing at that palm tree in the snow..never seen anything like it! Stay warm! :)

Jen Chandler said...

Hey Malisa! Come on over!! Got any Guiness? That always goes good with chili :) My grandmother has a wonderful picture taken from that old camera and I'm looking forward to experimenting. Let's learn together! And etchant solution is used by techies when they build circut boards. Or (as in my case) it's used by metalsmiths to etch a design in metal with permanent ink. I can't wait to try it!

Betsy: Yeah, the snow and palm tree ensemble is always a funny one. You should have seen it when I lived in Savannah and it snowed! We all ran outside and stood in it in our short sleeve shirts and danced! It was great :)