Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Change is Good

*Isn't this lovely? This is my neighbor, Lord Guthrie's wee home. He's debating digging up the roses and putting in a motor cross track. I told him he was mad. Lady Guthrie agreed. She threatened to lock him in the tower if he didn't stop talking such notions. Oh dear...things could get interesting...



Dear readers,


I have been doing much pondering. Dangerous, yes, but necessary for the upkeep of hearth and Manor. I have grand plans for The Manor and I'm delighted in all who have decided to drop by. In order to keep, well, order, there needs to be a good old fashioned To Do list employed. Yes. I think that will do nicely. I consulted with Benson and he said that at his last place of employment (some hundred years ago I'm sure), the Lady kept a list visible at all times. That way she and all who resided at The Manor knew what was expected for the day. A splendid idea! If you'll look to your left, just above that necessary evil about copyrighted information, you'll find my To Do list. It helps to tell people of your plans. You're held accountable then. Frightening? Yes. But not as frightening as Lord Guthrie. He's roaming about the garden muttering something about motorbikes and ramps. Please excuse me. The Constable just arrived.
Yours most delightfully,
The Lady
PS: This new schedule will take effect next week.

5 comments:

Kristen Torres-Toro said...

Ooh--good idea! And I shall only be worried if if Lord Guthrie nearly loses his head.

Annie said...

The Lord must mutter away thereby feeling that he is still in charge. However, we all know who the chatelaine is, don't we? Enjoy your workshop Tuesday whilst the Lord mutters on.

Jen Chandler said...

Kristen: I'm hoping the Lord doesn't lose his head. So far, he's just wandering about the rose garden. Every time I gently tell him he must return home, he smiles, waves, and asks for more lemonade. He keeps calling me Mary Ann...

Annie: I'm afraid I'll have to ask Lady Guthrie to keep the Lord on a short lease. His muttering is upsetting the owls.

coffeelvnmom said...

I love the "Goings on at the Manor" idea! =)

You've received the "Happy" award. Check out "I'd Like to Thank the Happy Academy" at http://coffeelvnmom.blogspot.com/

Jen Chandler said...

Hey coffeelvnmom! I'll check it out. Thank you :) And I'm very glad you're enjoying The Manor.